Back pain is regarded as chronic if it persists for three months or longer. In some cases, back pain occurs, resolves on its own, only to emerge again, frustrating the patient. Ultimately, it's complex to deal with back pain, particularly when you are not conversant with the underlying cause.
Are you experiencing a stressful period with debilitating back pain? Don't give up because there is a formidable remedy? Chiropractic care from Mitchell L Kaplan DC PA, serving the region of Melbourne, FL, can treat your back pain, restoring your health to its former glory.
What are the causes of back pain?
A lot of back pain arises on its own without an apparent cause. However, the below are some common causes of back pain:
- Osteoporosis: This condition leads to loss of bone density and the thinning of the bone, culminating in minor fractures in your vertebrae. These fractures can trigger severe pain.
- Slipped disc: When a disc of articular cartilage in the spine exerts pressure on a nerve, it can propagate back pain and numbness, weakness and tingling in other body parts.
- Injury: Car accidents, sports accidents, falls, and slips may injure your back's muscles, joints, nerves, and other structures, causing pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Wearing out of the cartilage that cushions the vertebrae discs causes pain and stiffness at the back.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is compressed or irritated, you may experience pain that runs from the lower back to the legs through the buttocks.
How does a chiropractor help provide back pain relief?
During the first visit to Mitchell L Kaplan DC, we commence the chiropractic care plan by inquiring about medical history. After that, we initiate a physical assessment and may undertake lab tests or diagnostic imaging to establish the extent and location of the back pain.
Our chiropractor may start with chiropractic adjustments, aligning the spinal joints to reduce pain and improve mobility. We may recommend massage therapy if you have soft tissue injuries on the back.
Depending on the nature and location of the back pain, we may also recommend the below treatments:
- Nutritional counseling
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Trigger point therapy
- Lifestyle advice
Contact Us for Treatment from Our Chiropractor Today
Back pain is a common complaint in the United States among the elderly and youth alike. If your back pain is left untreated, it may morph into chronic complications and persistent pain. But why would you take chances with your health when you can access chiropractic care? Please book an appointment by contacting us at (321) 255-3003 Mitchell L Kaplan DC, situated in Melbourne, FL, for back pain treatment.